Choosing a school is an important event and we want to help you make the right choice. We are always pleased to meet prospective parents, to answer questions and to show them around.
Children start school in the Reception class in the September after their fourth birthday. We have an excellent induction program of visits and activities during the summer term which means that children settle into our school very quickly.
In deciding on admissions to voluntary controlled schools in Derbyshire, the following order of priority will be adopted.
1. Children in care.
2. Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of the application
3. Children not living in the normal area served by the school but who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of the application and admission.
4. In the case of voluntary controlled church schools, children whose parents request a place on religious grounds.*
5. Other children whose parents have requested a place. Wherever possible, children who have an EHCP (Education Health Care Plan) will be admitted.
* Please note that we welcome families of any faith and those who have no faith. This school does not operate selection based on church membership.
In Year Admissions
Parents of children wishing to start at our school at other times, for example as a result of a house move, can contact the school in the first instance to request a place. If a year group is full (30 children), it is not always possible to offer places and the school maintains a waiting list. If a place becomes available, it will be offered in the order that applications were received.
We are happy to help if we can assist in any way. If you require help or further information, please call the school or the Admissions Team at County Offices in Matlock.